Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Some people are special

Yes, I guess that title is fairly obvious. But, I was at a loss to explain what I needed to write about any other way. Because some people ARE special.

This came up because today, while heading home, I found out via Facebook (of all places) that someone who I have never met, but count as a friend, had been in a horrific traffic accident (along with her husband) and had been airlifted to hospital to undergo emergency surgery. This hit me in the pit of my stomach. I was almost in tears.

Why you ask? Well, Susan Eichhorn Young IS special.

She is one of the most generous people I have come across online. She is a singing teacher based in New York (or just out of it) who regularly also travels to other places to give lessons as well. She also runs group classes on performing, writes a regular blog about issues associated with singing, as well as regularly posting on various message boards, helping others to develop their vocal potential, because that is what she loves.

She has also been generous to me at times too, knowing the crap I have been through, and happy just to connect to have a chat.

She also has a hilarious sense of humour, and truly enjoys life. I would feel privileged to be compared to her, and I know many people who know her in person feel the same way.

So, to the lovely Susan, hang in there love! Do not allow your voice to be silenced. Sing out, and stand up to the world as you long have. We need more people like you who make a difference in the world.

No comments: