Saturday, January 27, 2007

Boys toys...

Well, on Australia Day, (aka "Invasion Day") I finally got my Christmas present from the Gorgeous One. Yes, I am now the proud owner of one of "these".

Yes, that is right, I have now entered the world of digital music on the go. It not only plays things that I have copied to it off CD or the net, it also records. So tonight, when we go to see Turandot at "Opera in the Park", I might even try seeing how well it records, without an external mic. Not that I am going to tell anyone of course, because, technically, I would expect I am breaking the law... Technically.

In other news on the home front, we are now the proud owner (well, technically, I am,) of a darlek that sits on the floor in Beatrice, connected to a window and the power and thus not able to go very far! Yes, that is right, after many years of saying I need one, I have lashed out and bought a portable reverse cycle air conditioner. It is noisy, but seems to do the job and keeps the humidity at bay, as well as cool the place down.

Looks like we will be able to sleep at night again! YAY!!!!!

No comments: