Tuesday, March 06, 2007

New opera...

Well, I survived the audition I had on Saturday for a professional production of a new opera. It was an interesting experience. They asked us to prepare two pieces, one in English, then only allocate 3 minutes per performer, and warn those of us auditioning at the door that we will probably only get to sing 16 bars of music. Which I sang. And it was not in English... No criticism, no comments, just "thank you, that will be enough". Now, when exactly will you let us know we do or don't have anything? Um... Would have been nice to be told what will happen next?

Apparently I am dreaming to expect such. Seems professional companies tell you less than amateurs. WTF? Mind you, I suspect I will only get a PFO (Please F*** off) but, it would be nice to be told what the next level will be, or when you will hear something from them...

On the same style, I did an interview yesterday for a job. Second round, this time with the company not an agency. Again, no comment as to when to expect to hear, or anything, or if I was going to hear....

Please people!!! Stop leaving supplicants hanging on... It is bad enough waiting, without knowing when you are even going to hear, or if you are going to hear. Telling people what will happen next and an approximate timeline, is just common courtesy I thought... Oh yeah, courtesy... not something common anymore!!!

No comments: