Sunday, July 26, 2009

More body thoughts..

Two posts in one day... Aren’t you all lucky? Actually, more likely, I am just working out things in my head, and I need to put then in writing to make sure it all happens, and make sure I commit to them. If you tell the world you are going to do something, and you don’t, you end up looking like a goose, which I know I do not like doing, not that I can speak for anyone else..

Well, today, when I went up to the shops, there was someone selling bathroom scales for $20!!! Needless to say, I bought some.. The results were not pretty. 107.5 kgs. That is almost the heaviest I have ever been, and the heaviest was earlier this year, when I topped out at about 112kgs. Needless to say, this is something I plan to fix.

First thing of course, was upping the exercise. I have taken steps to start on that, as discussed earlier. The next thing is to get serious about the diet. No more carb laden morning tea breaks (sob!). Less beer (ouch!) Less carb laden meals generally. Suddenly I feel like Garfield the cat (“I never met a calorie I did not like”) Seriously, what is it about us loving the stuff we should not be eating, if we are serious about controlling our weights? It is enough to make you turn to drink (he says, swilling some beer!)

Just so you understand where I am coming from, by the way. I am one of those tall guys who never had to worry about their weight, except if they wanted to increase it. I was 70kgs when I was 20. (I am 2 metres tall!) It took about 5 years to get up to 90kgs, with lots of exercise, and eating, trying to lose my natural very skinny look, and gain some bulk and muscle, and generally not look like I could blow over in the wind.

Fast forward 20 years, and I am now almost 110kgs. The weight itself would not be a problem, if it was not for the fact that most, if not all, of the last 15 kgs is fat. So, now I need to work on converting the fat to muscle, and muscle in the right places. Does the fact that my shoulders and arms are telling me tonight they feel used and abused indicate that I am making progress? I hope so! I would so hate to be doing all this work, only to find out that none of it is working..But, as I have learnt previously when trying to change my body shape, do the work, and the results will come. It is just that the results always take so long to happen. Will I stay motivated long enough to get the results I want, that is the $64 question!!

No comments: