Saturday, August 08, 2009

Oops

Hmm.. Well, that was rather effective, wasn’t it? I had a rather big night on Saturday, then take the rest of the week to get back up to speed. I did manage to do my 3 walks home minimum this week (4) and 3.5 last week (One was only part way), so things are not totally lost, and I have worked out 3 times in the mornings, but I am only now starting to get back up to speed... Note to self, remember such things can totally stuff up plans!!!

Anyway, other than self inflicted steps backwards, life on the whole is good. I had been feeling like the exercise kick is getting results, even if I cannot really see them yet. I have noticed that my waist line is starting to shrink back into shape again. I can tell partly because I am starting to need to go back in one hole in my belt. Not all the time, but often enough that I can tell it is working. Also, a couple of my tshirts are starting to feel tight around the shoulders again, as they should. When they are tight around the shoulders and have room around my gut I will be really happy!!!

So, plans for next week? At some point, I need to lash out and spend some money on a new set of dumbbells (as I mentioned in my last post. I am starting to integrate my current heaviest pair into my workouts, so once they start to not be a stretch, I will need to look at going up a weight again. I really do not fancy spending the money, but, if I want to change the way I look, build more muscle and improve my fitness, I am going to need to spend money. Considering that they do not wear out in a hurry, I think I can justify the expense...So long as I use them of course!!!!

No comments: